Westy Sports introduces:
AN INTERACTIVE RADIO FREQUENCY CHIP (R.F.)
TIMING SYSTEM FOR MULTISPORT RACE DIRECTORS
OUR GOAL: To develop and make available to multisport race directors an efficient and cost-effective timing system for multisport events.
Jim Henderson started working on R.F. Chip timing system in the spring of 1996. Since that time the system has evolved to a very effecient timing system for small to medium large events of all types, multi-sport and single sport events. In 1998 Jim became the sole owner of Westy Sports. Currently, Westy Sports is owned and operated as the event timing divison of SPORTS CONNECTION.
Westy Sports has timed events in Colorado, Utah, Texas, South Carolina, and Californian. The system has proven accurate and effective in timing events of all types.
The R.F. Chip timing system assigns each athlete a R.F. chip to wear. Each athlete is required to interact with the system at each timing point in order for accurate times to be recorded. The chip is normally worn on the wrist of the athlete and in the case of teams the chip is passed between athletes at the start of each segment of the event. The chip acts a baton that insures that each member of the team does not start his or her segment until his or her teammate finishes the prior segment.
The advantages of this system are:
- The requirement for the size of the timing crew is reduced to 4-6 volunteers per race. At least one staff member from Westy Sports in on site to insure that timing of any event goes smoothly.
- The cost to time a race is very reasonable. The cost timing an average event starts at about $1200.00 and up depending on the race configuration, number of athletes and the number of splits being timed. Contact Westy Sports either by mail or e-mail so that we might provide you with a timing proposal for your event.
- Complete results are available within 30 minutes of the last racer crossing the finish line. Unofficial results are available as the race progresses and are provided to the race director for posting or review.
- It is possible to produce individual times at the finish line for each racer if the race director wishes to do so. Individual unofficial results are able to be produced and posted throughout the race. Again this is an option that is at the discretion of the race director.
- Westy Sports is able to produce overall results, age group results, an announcers list for giving awards, alphabetic and numerical listings of athletes. A race can be configured to give up to five (5) different split times or interval times.
- Race timing is accomplished by each athlete wearing a R.F. chip on his/her wrist and moving the chip across an antenna at each timing point. The athlete is therefore involved in helping to time himself or herself.
For more information please contact:
P.O BOX 2065
Grand Junction, CO 81502-2065
Phone: (970) 241-6786
FAX: (970) 241-3206